Embassy of Myanmar
2300 S St NW, Washington, DC 20008
What to expect:
· A first-time participant in Around the World Embassy Tour!
· Experience the land of leg-rowers, exotic powder-white beaches and snow-capped mountains!
· Taste traditional cuisine, such as pickled tea leaf salad
· See tourism displays, performances and crafts
· Visit Myanmar with traditional royal attire at the photo corner
· Touch its agricultural products, cotton/silks fabrics and gem stones
Myanmar (formerly Burma) is a Southeast Asian nation of more than 100 ethnic groups, bordering India, Bangladesh, China, Laos and Thailand. Yangon, the country's largest city, is home to bustling markets, numerous parks and lakes, and the towering, gilded Shwedagon Pagoda, which contains Buddhist relics.