Embassy of the Republic of Iraq
THE CONSULATE BUILDING: 1801 P Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036
What to expect:
· Paintings, photography, books, tourist maps and handicrafts
· Photography in Iraqi traditional costumes
· Samples of Iraqi cuisine
· Pop and folk music featuring Dabka Dance
· Banners, steles and screens showing icons from Iraq’s history and heritage as well as modern monuments from Baghdad
· Art projects on Babylonia and Mesopotamia, courtesy of TARII, NYU and the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Iraq, officially the Republic of Iraq, is a country in Western Asia, bordered by Turkey to the north, Iran to the east, Kuwait to the southeast, Saudi Arabia to the south, Jordan to the southwest and Syria to the west. The capital, and largest city, is Baghdad. Baghdad is the largest city in Iraq, and the second largest city in the Arab world.