Embassy of Ethiopia
3506 International Drive, NW Washington, DC 20008
What to expect:
· Birthplace of the coffee bean!
· Display of Ethiopia’s diverse tourism attractions and world heritage sites
· An awe-inspiring photography exhibition
· Traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony
· Traditional music and dances
Ethiopia, in the Horn of Africa, is a rugged, landlocked country split by the Great Rift Valley. With archaeological finds dating back more than 3 million years, it’s a place of ancient culture. Among its important sites are Lalibela with its rock-cut Christian churches from the 12th–13th centuries. Aksum is the ruins of an ancient city with obelisks, tombs, castles and Our Lady Mary of Zion church.