The Embassy of China
3505 International Place, NW Washington, DC 20008
What to expect:
· A sampling of Chinese foods
· Performances of Chinese opera, martial arts and dances
· Interactive stations featuring displays of Chinese tea ceremony, calligraphy, paper tearing performances
· Exhibition on the achievements of China-U.S. scientific and technological cooperation
· Displays about China's latest progress in science and technology
· Souvenirs to mark the day and in commemoration of the 40th Anniversary of China-U.S. diplomatic relations.
China, officially the People's Republic of China, is a country in East Asia and the world's most populous country, with a population of around 1.404 billion. Combining both modern and traditional architecture, Beijing is one of the oldest cities in the world, with a rich history.