Embassy of the Plurinational State of Bolivia
3014 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20008
What to expect:
· Traditional dances, such as Caporales, Tinkus and Morenada, with dancers in amazing costumes
· Traditional Bolivian food of regions from the Andean to the Amazon
· Singani, a spirit made from grapes grown at high altitudes
· Chocolates directly from Sucre, the Capital of Bolivia
· Live music by the wonderful band "Jathas"
· Photography exhibition "The Paths of Change"
Bolivia is a country in central South America, with a varied terrain spanning Andes Mountains, the Atacama Desert and Amazon Basin rainforest. At more than 3,500m, its administrative capital, La Paz, sits on the Andes’ Altiplano plateau with snow-capped Mt. Illimani in the background. Nearby is glass-smooth Lake Titicaca, the continent’s largest lake, straddling the border with Peru.